We are always looking for unique ideas when it comes to gift-wrapping so we asked our contributors for some of their ideas when it came to wrapping presents for that special Christmas Day. Here’s what we got:
• Got kids? Choose one wrapping paper for each child, leave tags off and keep them guessing until Christmas Day which presents are theirs.
• Buy reusable Shopping Bags from your favorite grocery store: Target, or Walmart, to put your gifts in, makes for two presents in one!
• Organization tubs filled with tissue paper hiding the gift inside is another two-in-one gift-wrapping idea.
• Brown craft paper. You can stamp it, or leave it plain. Nice cream-colored ribbon dresses it up. Spray with glitter spray too. Stick a Christmasssy flower on top in ribbon for an extra touch of pretty.
• Use simple red plaid paper and tie a bow with burlap around each package for a rustic look. Use pine cones or greenery in place of bows on Christmas packages for something a little different.
• During the after-Christmas-sales, stock up on discounted ornaments to use as “bows” on presents next year.
• Wrap presents for kids by adding plastic dinosaurs or cars…something you know they will like.
• For kids who know their letters, trace the first letter of their name on a piece of felt, cut it out, and attach it somewhere on the package. Or use a letter stamp on simple wrapping paper. Then, even if they can’t read gift tags, they know right away which presents are theirs.
So take some of our ideas, add your own and have a Merry Christmas Wrapping Day!