Life does not offer constancy. Whether it’s because of a decision we’ve made, the choices of others, or simply due to life circumstances, we will all face seasons of change. Some are positive, exciting, and looked forward to with anticipation. Others can be created by heartbreak, disappointment, or circumstances beyond our control.
But whatever the cause—they will come. If you are at one of those impasses, those crossroads of life, here are a few things you will want to do:
1. Remember it’s temporary. There are exceptions, but there is very little in life that you are facing, have faced, or will face that is permanent.
2. Review the past. It doesn’t take much life experience to discover you can and have gotten through difficult seasons. If you’ve survived middle school, that should prove you can survive anything!
3. Assess your strengths. What you need to go from where you are to where you will be is within you. Remind yourself of what you already know.
4. Find others. One of the best resources for whatever challenge you are facing is those who have already traversed the road you are traveling now.
5. Draw upon your faith. To know there is someone greater than you who knows everything you have or ever will walk through brings it all into perspective.
Whether you are currently in a season of change, have already gone through one, or realize there is one on the horizon, remember these tips. They will serve you well.
Listen to our recent podcast episode, 5 Things a Woman Must Do for Success in Life – 040, for more encouragement on your bittersweet journey!
Looking for inspiration? Check out When Life Gives You a New Normal, True Beauty is Found in a Woman’s Strength, How Do I Know What Defines Me?, Every Woman is Unique, but This Is What We All Struggle With, 10 Ways to Boost Your Confidence, or My Really Different Kind of Family.