The sun rose a little too early, your coffee was cold by the time you got a chance to drink it, your children just won’t cooperate, you went to bed angry… Hundreds of little things have the potential to ruin your morning if you have not trained yourself to look at the positives in your life instead of the negatives.
Understanding the Negatives
It’s no surprise that it’s easier to wallow in the negatives than it is to notice the positives of life. While research shows that there is a beneficial reason we tend to focus on the negatives instead of the positives, it’s important not to become overwhelmed by the bad and lose sight of the good. Some days, however, can seem to lack anything that makes us smile. When that happens, it’s important to remember that our happiness does not come from our circumstances, but from our relationship with God. One of the gifts that God has given us is the ability to look on the bright side of things, even when there seems to be an overwhelming wave of darkness surrounding us.
How to Look at the Positives
One of the simplest and most impactful ways we can start to focus on the good in our lives is by practicing daily self-affirmations. These positive affirmations have been proven to boost self-esteem and reduce stress. At first you might feel goofy looking at yourself in the mirror and telling yourself you are worthy, but like most things in life, it requires practice (and, of course, some grit and grace).
Here Are 30 Self-Affirmations to Get You Started:
- Anything I put my mind to, I can do
- I am beautiful
- I am blessed
- Success is always in my reach
- The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
- Yesterday is the past; I am in control of today
- Each day is a chapter and God is the author
- Positivity is a mindset
- I am in control of my actions, not my circumstances
- I will always look on the bright side
- I am enough
- My skills are important
- I am important
- Put your best foot forward today
- Self-love is important and necessary
- My star shines bright
- I am God’s precious child
- I am safe in the arms of God
- There is nothing I cannot overcome
- A smile is the best accessory to wear today
- Failure is a stepping-stone to success
- The Lord will give me strength today
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
- I don’t need to change the world to make a difference
- One small act of kindness can change the world
- Keep an open mind to everything that happens today
- I can and I will
- Do not worry about tomorrow
- I do not have to be perfect to be worthy
- Happiness is found in Christ
Getting Positive and Staying There
The most important thing about daily self-affirmations is that they are just that, daily. Positivity and happiness are things we have to remind ourselves of and work towards every day. God granted us with the ability to look past the difficulties of life and into our glorious future in His Kingdom. Tailor your self-affirmations to fit your needs, look in the mirror, and smile knowing that no matter what life throws at you, you are God’s precious child.
Genesis 28:15 – I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.
Need some encouragement? Watch this video now!
Looking for more articles on faith? Start here:
3 Ways Positive Self-Talk Can Improve Your Life
Finding Your Grit Just When You Are Sure You Don’t Have Any
This Is My New Exercise Regimen (for My Faith)
From a Therapist: This Is Why Your Self-Talk Matters
When You Go “All in” on the Life Hand You’ve Been Dealt
3 Things to Hold on to When You Are Barely Holding On
Why Does God Allow Your Hard Times?
Don’t miss these popular articles:
Ask Dr. Zoe – I’ve Grown Up, Should I Apologize for My Immature Past?
Dear Wife of the Badge, You Are Strong
This Is What We Think About Sugar Daddies
What Your Grieving Friend Really Wants You to Know
Grace Is Not Weakness; It Requires Strength
This Will Make You Question Why You Judge New Christians
You’ll love this podcast episode from This Grit and Grace Life: It’s Time to Stop Saying These 7 Things! – 106!