In 2019, we recorded our 100th podcast; introduced a new, special section of the magazine called HerStory, where women have shared some of their most life-altering experiences; and we’ve continued to share the inspiring stories of our many wonderful—and tenderhearted—writers. We’re grateful that you’ve chosen to join us on this grit and grace journey. Celebrate with us by reaffirming these 100 things every grit and grace woman believes.
100 Truths for Every Strong Woman:
1. Life’s short—buy the shoes and eat the dessert.
2. This too shall pass.
3. Avoid avoidance.
4. Talk less, say more.
5. Strive for progress, not perfection.
6. When nothing goes right, go left.
7. Flowers don’t bloom all year long.
8. Be the woman you needed as a girl.
9. Better to say “oops” than “what if?”
10. If you wouldn’t say it to your friend, don’t say it to yourself.
11. If you find humor in a difficult situation, you win.
12. Chocolate doesn’t ask questions. Chocolate understands.
13. This is not your whole story, just a chapter.
14. Learn to agree to disagree.
15. Know your worth, then add tax.
Know your worth, then add tax.
16. When you focus on the good, the good gets better.
17. There’s a light in the fridge—have the midnight snack.
18. Follow your heart, but take your brain with you.
19. Clutter is delayed decision-making.
20. Feed your fears and your faith will starve. Feed your faith and your fears will. (Max Lucado)
21. By perseverance, the snail reached the ark. (Charles Spurgeon)
22. Don’t believe everything you hear.
23. Everything is figureoutable.
24. Strong women respect men.
25. Laughter is the best medicine.
26. Moms don’t have to be perfect.
27. You don’t need a man to be strong.
28. Just because she’s pretty doesn’t mean you’re not.
29. Nobody’s house is clean.
30. A strong woman knows when to quit, and that’s not failing.
31. Nobody’s too far gone for the grace of God.
How do grit and grace show up in your life? One of our writers shares…
32. Rejection is simply redirection.
33. Making a life change is scary, but so is regret.
34. Don’t forget to be happy Monday through Thursday, too.
35. Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength. (Corrie Ten Boom)
36. Taking care of yourself is part of taking care of your kids.
37. Never apologize for being you.
38. A bad attitude is like a flat tire—you can’t go anywhere until you change it.
39. There’s a small win in each day.
40. Don’t lose yourself trying to find someone.
41. Life is tough, but so are you.
42. Anyone you will ever meet knows something you don’t. (Bill Nye)
43. Talk about your blessings more than your problems.
44. Your future needs you; your past doesn’t.
45. Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn’t know before you lived through it. (Creig Crippen)
46. The secret to getting ahead is getting started.
47. Even if you start late or have to start over, you can still succeed.
48. Do what is right, not what’s easy.
49. Speak the truth even if your voice shakes.
50. The day you plant the seed is not the day you eat the fruit.
51. The past is not your prison, it’s your university.
52. It’s OK to fall apart sometimes. Tacos fall apart, and we still love them.
53. Givers need to set limits because takers rarely do. (Rachel Wolchin)
54. A strong woman respects herself.
55. God is not in a hurry. You are.
56. Listen before you speak.
57. Be a team player, not a competitor.
58. Love first, judge last (or not at all).
59. Remember that it’s good to be alive.
60. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. (Charles Swindoll)
61. It’s OK to say “no.”
62. Fix another woman’s crown without telling the world that it was crooked.
63. Be the girl who just went for it.
64. Be a fountain, not a drain.
65. Fear is a liar.
66. Don’t compare yourself to others. Only compare yourself to the woman you were yesterday.
67. Remember that you once dreamed of being where you are now.
68. Always find joy in the little things.
69. With enough coffee, you can conquer the world.
70. Don’t let anyone rent space in your head unless they are a good tenant.
71. If it’s out of your hands, it deserves freedom from your mind, too.
72. You’re not the only one afraid of cockroaches.
73. Where you are is not who you are.
74. I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself. (Emma Stone)
75. Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. (Mark Twain)
76. Don’t trust everything you see. Even salt looks like sugar.
77. Someone somewhere needs your story.
78. Just because you’re struggling doesn’t mean you are failing.
79. Girl, you already have what it takes.
80. God doesn’t doubt your worth, so neither should you. (Darlene Brock)
“God doesn’t doubt your worth, so neither should you.” Darlene Brock
81. It’s OK to be late. The best things take time.
82. All you need is love. And chocolate.
83. Glitter is always an option.
84. Sometimes you are the healer. Sometimes you need the healing.
85. Women who invest in themselves go farther.
86. Actually, you can.
87. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself. (Coco Chanel)
88. Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life.
89. It’s OK to have Jesus and a therapist, too.
90. Stay kind. It makes you beautiful.
91. Live every day like it’s taco Tuesday.
92. No rain, no flowers.
93. Old ways won’t open new doors.
94. The long way with Jesus is far better than the shortcut without. (Christine Caine)
95. Treat people the way Chick-fil-A treats you.
96. Don’t fear the fire. Become it.
97. Her success is not your failure.
98. No response is a response. And a powerful one.
99. Part of being strong is grace for yourself. (Julie Graham)
100. You’ve got this. You’ve got grit + grace.
When a Strong Woman Is Quitting, But Not Failing
Just Because She’s Pretty, Doesn’t Mean You’re Not
A Little Encouragement When Motherhood is Disappointing
10 Classic Beauties That Will Inspire Your Strength
Finding Your Grit Just When You Are Sure You Don’t Have Any
Don’t miss these popular articles:
What Your Grieving Friend Really Wants You to Know
Anatomy of a Strong Woman
3 Ways Positive Self-Talk Can Improve Your Life
Being Pregnant Is Hard! 4 Truths for a Mom-To-Be
Dear Wife of the Badge, You Are Strong
The Good Christian Girl Who Struggled With Porn
What to Do When He Didn’t Propose (But Should Have)
How to Crush Comparison With a Compliment
You’ll love this podcast episode from This Grit and Grace Life: 10 Truths for Every Strong Woman’s Grit and Grace Life – 100