5 Reasons Why Sorel Boots Are the Perfect Fall Investment
Have you ever bought something you loved so deeply that you instantly regretted not buying the 25 other colors it comes in? I definitely have—and I’m the crazy one who eventually owns all 25 colors, too. There’s no stopping me. Well, unless my husband intervenes and we have a come-to-Jesus moment.
When I discovered the Sorel 1964 Premium Wedge Boots last fall, I knew I actually needed a pair—in three colors. I was tired of slipping and sliding on the ice in my Steve Madden boots (I fell flat on my face once—yeah, it hurt). Don’t get me wrong, Steve Madden boots have unsurpassable style and will probably outlive me—especially the Freebird brand, but the functionality of those boots don’t even come close to cutting it in the winter, because the several pairs I own have zero percent traction.
Guess what? This year, Sorel added a few new styles of cute and functional boots (my personal favorite is still the 1964 Premium Wedge). I believe in Sorel products so much that I want to share with you 5 reasons why you need Sorel boots in your life, despite the higher price tag. Please note that even though I mention the 1964 Premium Wedge Boots quite often (because when you own three pairs of the same style, you’re set for a few years!), they are made similarly to other Sorel styles, so I know I’m still making an apples to apples comparison. Good luck choosing the style and color you want—you will need it!
Here are my top 5 reasons why Sorel boots are the perfect fall investment:
1) They’re Highly Fashionable: The first details most noticeable about Sorel boots are their rich colors and flattering styles, regardless if the boot has a thick heel or a wedge. Regarding fashion, every time I wear my Sorel’s, I receive compliments. It’s not common for a wedge boot to flatter any woman’s foot like the Sorel’s do. There’s something about wedge boots that effortlessly complement the legs without being overkill. You can even wear a dress in the Springtime with short Sorel boots! (I recommend the short Joan of Arctic boots, the Lea Wedge Boots, or the 1964 Premium Wedge boots.)
2) They’re Functional: I understand some people being turned off by the thought of wearing a wedge in the snow and on ice, but I’ve worn mine in both conditions and to be honest, I don’t even notice that I’m wearing a wedge. The functionality of these boots lies in the sturdy traction on the bottom. When I talk about the 1964 Premium Wedge Boots, one thing I usually tell others that catches their attention is that I feel like I bounce (in a comfortable, fluid way) with each step because of how thick the traction is.
3) They’re Comfortable: The insoles of the boots are soft and the shape of the boot forms to the foot like a glove. Like I said above, I feel like I bounce when I walk. I can actually feel the traction of the boots gripping the ground with each step I take—this gives me confidence that I won’t slip and slide in riskier weather conditions.
4) They’re Waterproof: Need I say more? Most Sorel boots, if not all, are waterproof. One can wear them while hiking through puddles, during a downpour, and trekking through snow. Your feet will stay dry all day. *Please note that some Sorel boot styles are more ideal to wear through snow than others, such as tall boots compared to short boots.
5) They Come in an Abundance of Colors and Styles: I love all the options one can choose from when making her selection. Do you want a casual boot that matches anything, but also has a small pop of color to stand out? Get the 1964 Premium Wedge Boots in the color “Shale.” Do you want a classic boot that’s stylish enough to make a statement? Choose the Addington Chelsea Boot in the color combo “Autumn Bronze, Black.” Or, do you want a durable yet trendy winter boot to wear during the colder months? Go with the Cate the Great Wedge Boot in Black! These are only a few of my personal favorites, but there is truly a color and style Sorel boot for every woman. To shop all Sorel footwear styles, click here.
I hope this post inspires you to start thinking about the perfect fall/winter boot that will meet your fashion and function needs!
For more beauty and fashion tips, click here!