1. Don’t charge your phone in the bedroom. Stop using your alarm as an excuse. Target sells cute ones for about $5. Invest in rest and peace of mind.
2. Schedule time to recharge and be alone. 5 minutes in the car, a walk with your dog, a long shower, it will look different for everyone but it will have the same effect on your mental health.
3. Give yourself margin. Over-scheduling is the quickest way to stress. Allow time in your day for the unexpected.
4. Say no. Just do. Red flag: the things we feel like we have to do. Maybe you’re one of those people who get’s walked all over. Quit. Saving. Everyone. If you don’t do it, someone else will. (Don’t miss this article on how to say no!)
Maybe you’re one of those people who get’s walked all over. Quit. Saving. Everyone.
5. Unfollow her. The girl that makes you feel bad about yourself. Or the girl who makes you feel good about yourself. Make sure you’re feeding your mind with life-giving food not destructive comparison.
6. Call instead of text. Texting has one flaw: voice inflection. Once you give your words to the universe they’re up for interpretation so make sure you say the hard things over the phone to communicate clearly.
7. Wake up early. Maybe stress takes off in the mornings when you’re running around trying to find your keys. Give yourself wiggle room to drink hot coffee and find your keys.
8. Plan the night before. Whether you spend 1 minute or 1 hour planning your day—plan your day. If you have a partner make sure you’re on the same page for the expectations of tomorrow. Who’s picking up the kids? What time will you be home? Do we need groceries?
9. Sweat it out. In the words of Elle Woods, “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy.” Not only do you produce endorphins but you feel better about yourself.
You’ll also like 3 Ways Positive Self-Talk Can Improve Your Life, Just Because She’s Pretty, Doesn’t Mean You’re Not, 6 Practical Tips When You Want to Get Healthy, Why You Should Just Have That Hard Conversation (And How to Do It), 3 Reasons You’re Unhappy and How to Make a Change, and Need to Exercise? No Motivation? 6 Ways to Get Moving.